Thursday, July 16, 2009

last days.

hey blog world!
we are finishing our last days of ministry here. today we helped with the feeding program, tutoring, and then taught through Proverbs 31. There was good interaction and comprehension- what a woman to model our lives after!
Tomorrow is a day to clean and pack and then Saturday we will finish teaching Proverbs to the teenagers and then they are having a goodbye party for us. After that, we will take off. I will stay in Manila for another week with some friends, and then will be back in P-town on July 28.
Thank you for your faithful prayers, even when you didn't know exactly what to pray for. I praise God for answering my prayers for friendships- there are two sisters who have become very dear to us- we had them over to our apartment on Tuesday and I think they felt very honored and special. I pray that they have felt the love of Jesus when we are around them.
Praise God also that I'm feeling much better. I only had to miss one morning this week, and now I'm on the upswing!
Love love.
Em

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you made it! And how wonderful that you only had to miss out on one morning. Enjoy every moment as you wrap things up. We love you tons! See you soon, Mom

Anonymous said...

EMILY,
I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better.CANT WAIT TILL YOU COME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this has been a great experience for you love you cant wait to see ya in a week.

LOVE YOUR SISTER MEGAN

Anonymous said...

Em, as I pray for you 1 Corinthians 15:58 comes to mind! See you soon.

Love,

Dad

Jeanine said...

Hi Em,
Just want you to know the Slinky's have been praying for you and we love you and can't wait to see you !! Aunt Nean

Anonymous said...

well hi!

leighem,em,lem,emie,emleigh,mel,
emieleigh,and emily

just wanted to say that i loved you and that cant wait to see you! well have a happy day and find a fan

byebye!!! from ME

Anonymous said...

Yeah Em,
I am so excited about your feeling better, God is the Greatest physician ever I can't wait to see you. Love you Denice

Anonymous said...

Great work you are doing Em. You'll be home soon!! Enjoy your final days and we will be praying for a safe trip. We want to see your pics when you get back...
Love, Dave and Carey, Sam, Andrew, and Grace!!